Here at Locks and Shades we are proud to have a lay down and stand up sun bed for our clients. These don’t need to be pre-booked. You can even pop in on our way home from work. Some of our clients have a quick sun bed sessions before their haircut or hair colour appointment with us.
But how can you make your sun bed tan last? We all want that healthy summer glow, but we want a nice glow all year round, not just for a few days after we leave the tanning salon. In this blog post we have put together some top tips for helping make that tan last long after your sun bed session.
- It may be tempting to stay in the sun bed longer for a better tan, but you need to know your skin type. If you have a fair skin type then staying under the sun bed longer could result in burning your skin and the tan disappearing. For your tan to last you need to start with a small amount of tanning and slowly work it up over time.
- Make sure you have a shower on the day of your visit to our tanning salon, and exfoliate all your dead skin from your body as this will give you a move even and clean tan, which will last longer too.
- Speak to our tanning specialists about the best lotion for you. This will be dependent on the tan you want to achieve and your skin type. Using a good quality tanning lotion will mean you not only smell delicious but your tan will last longer too.
- As we touched on before, make sure you start short and work your way up. As soon as you feel your skin tingling or stinging then get off the sun bed as this will be your skin burning. While slowly adding to the amount of time you spend in the sun beds, you will create a tan that lasts.
- Side Note: In all of our sun bed rooms in Peterborough you will see stick on eye covers and goggles are available. Just as you would use sunglasses to protect your eyes outside, make sure you use these eye protectors too
Why not pop in to try out our tanning beds in Yaxley? We will be happy to show you how they work and what to do if you haven’t visited before.